This print anthology offers two years of BHM’s informative articles bound into an easy-to-read book.
Contains articles from 1989-1991 (Issues 1-12).
– Build a home for under $10,000
– Solar as a home electricity source
– Buying backwoods property
– Is your water supply safe to drink?
– The virtues of vitamins
– An earthquake preparation primer
– Find water, wire, or cable by dowsing
– Canning meat
– Building a roof by yourself
– Control your garden pests naturally
– Canning blueberries
– A generator-based electrical system
– Drying meat
– Construct a soundproof generator shed
– Small business record-keeping
– Whip grafting
– Build a log house from scratch
– The basics of backyard beekeeping
– Protect your home against wildfire
– Dealing with mosquitos
– How to make soap
– Baling and selling straw
– Finding love in the backwoods
– How to raise rabbits
– All about chickens, parts I and II
– A house-heating solar greenhouse
… and more!