This print anthology offers one full year of BHM’s informative articles bound into an easy-to-read book.
Contains articles from 1994 (Issues 25-30).
– Homeschooling — is it right for your kids?
– The bow and arrow
– Planning a move from the city to the country
– Short season gardening
– Tips for cold-climate herb growing
– Try an isolated gain passive solar house
– Simplified concrete and masonry work
– Raising sheep
– Improving poor garden soil
– Synopsis of sourdough
– Determined woman builds distinctive vertical log studio
– Learn the basics of wall framing
– Build a 12-volt power plant
– Raising fish in the farm pond
– How to build a low-cost log lifter
– Use your own sawmill
– Old-fashioned desserts
– Try traditional fried squirrel
– Making and using a solar cooker
– Preventing and surviving stove and chimney fires
– Converting your gas car to electric
– Pemmican — the all-purpose food
– Designing for solar heating
– Build a fieldstone chimney
– A guide to growing ginseng
– Make delicious wine at home
… and more!
There are no reviews yet.