This print anthology offers one full year of BHM’s informative articles bound into an easy-to-read book.
Contains articles from 1996 (Issues 37-42).
– Salvaged wood makes a good goat shed
– The amazing aloe
– The advantages of propane
– Smaller, multi-purpose cattle breeds
– Protect young trees from frost and vermin
– Combat aphids by planting garlic
– Grow your own asparagus
– Lessons learned while building a log home
– Make quick and easy pasta
– Ducks contribute to a homestead
– Raising rabbits for meat and money
– Consider small-scale hog production
– Perfect whole wheat breads
– Make an effective gray water disposal system
– Keep your onions fresh
– Using trot lines, set lines, and jug fishing
– Learn to make pectin yourself
– Build your own milking stanchion
– Ten off-beat metal cleaning tricks
– How to store apples for a long, long time
– Sheet composting saves work
– Enrich your soil with cover crops
– Use those end-of-season green tomatoes
– Use row covers to keep fresh greens in your garden
– Heat your house by burning corn
– Grow winter salad greens on your windowsill
… and more!
There are no reviews yet.